Turn off comments to prevent the comment form being automatically placed on new posts or pages.
- Go to Settings > Discussion
On Discussion Settings page, in top section named “Default article settings,” uncheck “Allow people to post comments . . . ”
- In “Other comment settings,” check “Users must be registered and logged in to comment”
- In “Before a comment appears,” check “An administrator must always approve the comment”
- Click “Save Changes”
On posts or pages you created prior to changing this setting, you will have to manually remove the comment forms, using the Quick Edit link:
- Click on the Posts link or hover over the link and Select “All Posts.”
- Hold your cursor over the title of a post, and a submenu appears with four links: Edit, Quick Edit, Trash, View
- Click “Quick Edit”
- On the right side of the Quick Edit panel is a checkbox labelled “Allow Comments.” Clear the checkbox to remove the comment box from this post.
- Click the Update button to save your changes.