A “post” is just a blog entry. Your latest post will appear at the top of your home page (or your site’s blog page), with older posts below it in reverse chronological order.
To add a new post:
Log in to the site
Click either the “+ New” button in the top menu bar:
or the “Add New” link in the Posts menu of the Dashboard:
In the “Add New Post” window that appears:
- Enter a title for the post in the text input at the top
- Type your post in the larger text editor area. Notice you can switch between a visual editor (a.k.a. RichText) where you have full array of formatting buttons; and a Text editor where you can enter or edit html. (For more info on tools and options, see “Editor Tools”)
- Use the “Add Media” button to insert an image into the post. You can either choose media from your Library, upload a new file from your computer, or enter the URL of an image on the web. (More info.)
- When finished, click the Publish button to save the post and make it available to visitors; use the “Save Draft” button to save for further editing. (See “Publish Options” for more info.)
To edit an existing post:
View the post, and click the Edit button below the post you want to edit.
You can also:
- Click the “Posts” link in your Dashboard’s sidebar
- In the Posts list, click the title of an item to open it in edit mode.
Notice, when you place your cursor over the title of a post, links appear below the title:
- Edit – Opens the post in edit mode
- Quick Edit – Opens a quick edit panel, where you can change everything about the post except its actual content: you can edit the title, allow/disallow comments, assign password protection, assign categories and tags, and change the post status.
- Trash – Deletes the Post
- View – Opens the post